June 7, 2016
E&I Cooperative Services returned more than $25 million to members in the form of rebates in 2015, and approved another $3.5 million to be returned in the form of patronage refunds, according to a report disclosed at the Cooperative’s Annual Stockholders’ Meeting.
E&I posted a number of other notable 2015 achievements:
- Member purchases exceeded $2.5 billion – nearly $200 million over last year
- Members realized over $200 million in savings by utilizing E&I contracts
- Members recaptured and redeployed thousands of RFP resource hours
- Membership reached a record high – climbing to over 3,800 institutions
- E&I’s consulting division partnered with Rosslyn Analytics, with a focus on providing members with a compelling spend analytics package
“With an emphasis on cost management, we’ve accomplished a lot this past year to help our members respond to any challenges, and achieve greater efficiencies,” said Tom Fitzgerald, CEO, E&I Cooperative Services. “We’ve also continued to expand our services and grow our knowledge, and look forward to building upon this growth in 2016.”
E&I Cooperative Services (E&I) is the member-owned, not-for-profit sourcing cooperative delivering expertise, solutions and services to education and related institutions. E&I provides members with access to a diverse portfolio of competitively awarded contracts, electronic procurement platforms and consulting services to help them source effectively. By leveraging the knowledge and expertise of nearly 4,000 member institutions, E&I helps members reduce costs and optimize supply chain efficiencies. The Cooperative’s member-driven competitive solicitation process has been validated by the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) as being in compliance with generally accepted public procurement standards. For more information, please visit: www.eandi.org.